Our fee structure
We offer a few options when it comes to paying for your sessions with us. Like most psychologists we are guided by the Australian Psychological Society's schedule of recommended fees, however charge much less than this. Our consultation fees vary depending on who you see and what you require.
To give you a bit of an idea, face to face counselling can range from $150 per session to $175 for an after-hours or couples session.
Fees for psychological assessments and report writing can vary greatly. This depends on the nature of the assessment, the purpose of the report, and the time taken to conduct, analyse and prepare the assessment documentation.
Medicare rebates are available if you have been referred by a GP, psychiatrist or paediatrician under the Better Access initiative. As we are registered Medicare providers, you will be entitled to a rebate of $87.45 per session, for up to 10 sessions per calendar year.
Accessing our services under Medicare
To claim a rebate from Medicare you will need to follow the below steps:
- Make an appointment with your GP. When booking this appointment let them know that you will need a longer one than usual.
- When you visit your GP, describe the issues or problems you have been dealing with. Let your doctor know you would like to see a psychologist for some help with this.
- Your GP will assess whether psychological treatment is appropriate and, if it is, will prepare a Mental Health Care Plan.
- You can choose the psychologist that you would like to be referred to, so at this stage advise your GP if you have a preferred psychologist.
- Bring a copy of your referral letter or Mental Health Care Plan with you to your first appointment. You will then be able to receive the rebate after your first session.
We use HICAPS to process your payments and rebates on the spot, meaning you will get your refund straight back into your account on the day. Just make sure you bring your Medicare card with you.
For more information you can download the Medicare Better Access Factsheet [ 80 kb].
Private health cover
If you are a member of a private health fund you may be eligible for a rebate for psychological services. The vast majority of health funds provide rebates for psychological assessment and treatment, however it may depend on your level of cover. The amount you are entitled to will vary depending on your health fund. Please contact your insurer to find out what your entitlements are for psychological care.
Our HICAPS payment processing system supports most private health funds, so just bring your membership card along to get your refund automatically.
We understand that financial stress can have a huge impact on your overall coping, particularly in difficult times. As such we do not want to add to that stress in the course of trying to support you! If you are a student, pensioner or concession card holder we are able to reduce our fees for you. In any other case, please do let us know if you are struggling to cover your session costs, so we can discuss your individual circumstances and work out an appropriate fee for service.